ID1 Forms For Conveyancing

Due to the value attached to property transactions, usually both parties will be advised and represented by a Residential Conveyancing Solicitor.

Mortgage Fraud

However, if you do not have legal representation, you will need to complete an ID1 Form.

We are one of the busiest Residential Property Solicitors in Coventry and Warwickshire. Our reputation for excellence in quickly and effectively completing and checking ID1 Forms is well known, and we are always available to assist you.

We charge £150 + VAT for completing an ID1 Form.

You may need an ID1 Form if you are:

  • Selling or purchasing a property.
  • Transferring, registering, or granting a lease.
  • Making a compulsory first registration.
  • Discharging a mortgage.
  • Registering a mortgage.

You can download an ID1 Form from the website.

What must I do with the ID1 Form?

You need to fill in Section A of the form yourself. Section B is filled in either at an HM Land Registry office, or by a Solicitor, Notary, Licenced Conveyancer, Barrister, or Chartered Legal Executive.

Our Notary Public is Kuljeet Sandhu. Either he or one of our Solicitors or Legal Executives can assist you with completing the ID1 Form.

You will need to come to our office and bring with you the ID1 Form, a recent passport-sized colour photograph, and one of the following:

  • A current valid passport
  • A current photo driving licence
  • A current Biometric Residence Permit

Alternatively, you can provide two of the following:

  • A Bank statement not less than three months old (note, this must be a postal statement, not an electronic statement)
  • An annual Council tax bill.
  • A Council rent book showing the past three months’ worth of payments.
  • A mortgage statement for the last mortgage accounting year (again, this must be a postal statement, not an electronic statement).
  • A current firearm or shotgun certificate.

Once Section B is completed and the ID1 Form is signed and dated, it can be sent to HM Land Registry. We will keep a copy of your evidence of identity and the form because the Land Registry will contact us shortly after the ID1 Form is received.

Why choose us

People choose and recommend us not just in Coventry, Nuneaton, Rugby and Leamington, but across Warwickshire, the Midlands and the whole of the UK., because we care about them, their family, and their future. We are focused on results and achieving them in the most cost-effective, efficient way possible. Our specialist Residential Conveyancing Solicitors will take care of every aspect of your ID1 Form completion so you can be confident that it is correct.

To talk to us about completing an ID1 Form, please contact us using the form belowcall us on Coventry (02476) 231000, email enquiries@askewslegal.coor visit us at our city centre offices in Coventry.

Meet your 'ID1 Forms For Conveyancing' specialists

Based in our city centre offices in Coventry, here’s our team to guide you through your legal needs.

Kate Darby
Kate Darby
28 years experience
Contact Kate
Pritpal Chahal
Pritpal Chahal
19 years experience
Contact Pritpal
Rebecca Howard
Rebecca Howard
19 years experience
Contact Rebecca
Jane Ball
Jane Ball
17 years experience
Contact Jane
Sunitum Dhillon
Sunitum Dhillon
15 years experience
Contact Sunitum
Arti Shiv Parmar
Arti Parmar
11 years experience
Contact Arti
Paul Hewerdine
Paul Hewerdine
10 years experience
Contact Paul
Christos Yianni
Christos Yianni
5 years experience
Contact Christos
Headshot of Hugh Thomas
Hugh Thomas
4 years experience
Contact Hugh
Vivienne Vong
4 years experience
Contact Vivienne
Anonymous person silhouette
3 years experience
Contact Maira
Pardeep Kandola
Pardeep Kandola
1 years experience
Contact Pardeep
Georgina Deakin
Team Assistant
Contact Georgina


Depending upon the complexity we are able to offer fixed fees in some cases. In other cases our solicitors charge the following hourly rate:

  • Partner/Member Solicitor
    Hourly rate of £265 + VAT
  • Senior Solicitor or Head of Dept: (PQE 8yr+)
    Hourly rate of £240 + VAT
  • Assistant Solicitor/Fee Earner (PQE 3/7yr)
    Hourly rate of £215 + VAT
  • Newly Qualified Fee Earner (PQE 1/3yr)
    Hourly rate of £185 + VAT
  • Paralegals/Trainees
    Hourly rate of £135 + VAT
  • Support Paralegals
    Hourly rate of £115 + VAT

Request a callback

If you want to discuss a particular service or have something on your mind, get in touch.

    Are you able to fund your enquiry privately? See our fee rates here.

    Do you require a quote?

    Unfortunately, we do not offer legal aid or free advice for your enquiry.

    For free and impartial advice, we recommend you contact the Citizen Advice Bureau who should be able to help with your legal issues.

    If you are able to fund your enquiry, please click here to continue.

    You have selected that you require a quote for conveyancing services.

    To generate your free quote, please click here.