Notary Public

Please note that Kuljeet Sandhu’s Notarial practice is governed only by the Archbishop of Canterbury and not the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The contents of this page relate to Kuljeet Sandhu in his individual capacity as a Notary and not Askews Legal LLP as a firm.

Our Notary Public lawyer, Kuljeet Sandhu, has the recognised authority to consider, authenticate, and certify legal documents for use overseas. 

Based in our offices in Coventry, Kuljeet is a qualified lawyer appointed by the Court of Faculties of the Archbishop of Canterbury. He has a broad range of clients, ranging from international companies to UK-based people and families.

Contact us to learn more about Notary Public services or to make an appointment with Kuljeet Sandhu.

Following your initial enquiry about Notary Public services, we will enquire as to the nature of the document, and how many documents need to be notarised, the purpose of notarising the documents, and whether the document(s) need to be legalised by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) or a particular Consulate of the destination country.

Having this information and considering the documents will enable us to give you an accurate quote.

At your appointment, following payment, we will need you to bring two forms of identification:

  • A current passport or driving licence, and
  • A bank statement or utility bill (not older than three months).

The structure of your appointment will depend on the type of document we need to verify. We know how vital a swift service can be if you encounter an emergency or need to fly out of the country urgently; therefore, in so far as possible, we will explain everything in advance of the meeting.

The minimum charge for notarising a single document is £80*.

Due to the varying nature and complexity of some matters, it is not always possible to give a definitive estimate of costs for Notary Public services. We aim to give you the best possible information on costs from the outset and discuss any changes to the fee should they occur throughout the process. Kuljeet Sandhu charges an hourly rate of £205 (there is no VAT charge applicable, and this fee is subject to change). If detailed instructions are required, including in the drafting and/or amending of documents, this hourly fee will be applicable.

Our Coventry based legal team regularly supports clients across the country, not only those who are based in Coventry, Kenilworth, Nuneaton, Rugby, Warwickshire and the Midlands. The distance between you and our office will have no effect on our solicitors’ ability to provide highly effective advice or representation.

Please be aware that your documents, in addition to notarising, may need to be legalised by the UK Consulate and/or the Consulate of the receiving jurisdiction. You will need to enquire with the receiving jurisdiction and or the foreign Consulate whether legalisation is required.

We can arrange UK legalisation of documents from the FCO to obtain an Apostille on your notarised document, via an agent, or we can refer you to a local agent should you prefer to do this yourself.

Some documents require translations, and additional disbursement costs will also apply.

Contact Askews Legal LLP to find out more or to arrange a consultation with Kuljeet Sandhu, Solicitor and experienced Notary Public in Coventry and Warwickshire.

Complaints and Regulatory Matters

Kuljeet Sandhu’s notarial practice in Coventry is regulated by:

Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury
The Faculty Office
1 The Sanctuary

Statement from Kuljeet Sandhu:

If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received, please do not hesitate to contact me, and I will, of course, endeavour to satisfactorily resolve any issue you may have. If I am unable to resolve the matter, you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, which has a Complaints Procedure approved by the Faculty Office.

This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute. In that case, please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to:

The Secretary of The Notaries Society
Old Church Chambers
23 Sandhill Road
St James
01604 758908

If you have any difficulty in making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society for assistance.

Legal Ombudsman

Even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure or after a period of eight weeks from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint direct to the Legal Ombudsman (LO) if you are not happy with the result:

Legal Ombudsman
Baskerville House
Centenary Square
Broad Street
B1 2ND
0300 5550333

You must refer your matter to the LO:

– Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint

– Either six years from the date of act/omission or three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint (only if the act or omission took place more than six years ago). The act or omission, or when you should have reasonably known there was cause for complaint, must have been after 5th October 2010.

Contact Askews Legal LLP to find out more or to arrange a consultation with Kuljeet Sandhu, Solicitor and experienced Notary Public in Coventry and Warwickshire.

Meet your 'Notary Public' specialists

The team to guide you through your legal needs.

Kuljeet Sandhu
Kuljeet Sandhu
12 years experience
Contact Kuljeet


Depending upon the complexity we are able to offer fixed fees in some cases. In other cases our solicitors charge the following hourly rate:

  • Partner/Member Solicitor
    Hourly rate of £250 + VAT
  • Senior Solicitor or Head of Dept: (PQE 8yr+)
    Hourly rate of £225 + VAT
  • Assistant Solicitor/Fee Earner (PQE 3/7yr)
    Hourly rate of £200 + VAT
  • Newly Qualified Fee Earner (PQE 1/3yr)
    Hourly rate of £170 + VAT
  • Paralegals/Trainees
    Hourly rate of £120 + VAT
  • Support Paralegals
    Hourly rate of £100 + VAT

Request a callback

If you want to discuss a particular service or have something on your mind, get in touch.

    Are you able to fund your enquiry privately? See our fee rates here.

    Do you require a quote?

    Unfortunately, we do not offer legal aid or free advice for your enquiry.

    For free and impartial advice, we recommend you contact the Citizen Advice Bureau who should be able to help with your legal issues.

    If you are able to fund your enquiry, please click here to continue.

    You have selected that you require a quote for conveyancing services.

    To generate your free quote, please click here.