Mergers and Acquisitions
At Askews Legal LLP our Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Solicitors have the expertise required to manage risk and negotiate effectively to ensure your interests are protected throughout the M&A due diligence process and transaction.
M&As involve far more than merely ‘doing a deal’. A relationship of trust and confidence must be built between the parties. Our M&A Solicitors do more than provide legal advice – we act as your long-term partner, identifying opportunities, managing risk, and negotiating key contractual points.
We are a diverse, multi-lingual law firm that uses best-in-class technology to provide clients with streamlined, modern, and highly effective employment law advice and representation. Our years of experience in M&A law means we have a robust reputation for excellence with the UK’s best Barristers and Queen’s Counsel , accountants, surveyors, and valuers who will, when needed, bring additional support to our Corporate Law Department. As a multi-disciplinary practice, our M&A Solicitors can also draw on in-house expertise from our Employment Law Solicitors and Commercial Property team to provide advice and representation should any issues concerning these legal areas become apparent.
What are the advantages of an M&A?
M&A transactions are complex, fast-moving, and at times, stressful. Therefore, you must be clear on the commercial advantages an M&A provides. Benefits include:
- Gaining the resources, expertise, and contacts required to increase market share and/or expand into international markets.
- Obtaining a competitors client list.
- Increasing the value of the company to benefit shareholder value.
- Acquire new product lines or the skills and resources needed to develop them.
- Allow shareholders who want to sell their shares to exit.
What due diligence is required in an M&A?
Due diligence is a vital part of any M&A. You need to understand everything about what you are buying. Failure to undertake extensive due diligence is one of the main causes of M&A- related disputes.
M&A due diligence comprises multiple investigations into the following areas:
- Operations – who are the employees and management? What is the legal structure of the business and how many shares are issued? You will also need to understand the sales and new product development and what insurances are in place.
- Financials – what are the current assets and liabilities, tax status, revenue and profit projections, and loans and mortgages?
- Legal – are there any current or potential legal disputes? You will also need to examine and understand the scope of any IP protection in place, the commercial contracts, terms and conditions, and supplier agreements.
- Strategic and commercial – how much market share does the company enjoy, is there scope for international expansion, and who are the competitors?
The above is not an exhaustive list. Our M&A lawyers will undertake the necessary due diligence specific to your bespoke requirements. We do not follow checklists, instead, we develop an understanding of your business and investigate not only the basics but aspects of the purchase or merger that apply to your sector.
Why choose us?
Our M&A Solicitors have been advising business owners throughout the West Midlands for many years. We are proud of our personal service to all our clients and where possible we are always available by phone and will respond to your email within 24 hours.
When advising on M&A transactions, we will ensure you benefit from extensive due diligence and carefully drafted contracts. Elements of M&A transactions must be completed at speed. You can be confident that we will meet your deadlines and exceed your expectations at every stage of the deal.
You can trust that our team is considering every detail and assessing both short and long term risks and opportunities concerning your M&A transaction. Our Solicitors are businesspeople themselves; therefore, we understand that every decision you make must encompass commercial reality. We receive most of our instructions via word of mouth recommendations because company directors and business owners throughout the West Midlands know that we have the knowledge and dedication required to ensure every legal aspect of their M&A deal is meticulously taken care of.
The advice we give is sharp, practical, and bespoke to your commercial objectives. Our agility and investment in technology mean many of our processes are automated, thereby allowing us to reduce our fees and direct your investment as our client towards acquiring our expertise, getting solutions to your problems, and putting you in a position to action opportunities.
We are focused on results and achieving them in the swiftest, most cost-effective way possible. Our Company Law Solicitors will take care of your legal concerns so you can concentrate on your organisation’s future growth and prosperity.To talk to us about a Merger and Acquisition transaction, please call us on 02476 231000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet your 'Mergers and Acquisitions' specialists
The team to guide you through your legal needs.
Depending upon the complexity we are able to offer fixed fees in some cases. In other cases our solicitors chargethe following hourly rate:
- Partner/Member SolicitorHourly rate of £250 + VAT
- Senior Solicitor or Head of Dept: (PQE 8yr+)Hourly rate of £225 + VAT
- Assistant Solicitor/Fee Earner (PQE 3/7yr)Hourly rate of £200 + VAT
- Newly Qualified Fee Earner (PQE 1/3yr)Hourly rate of £170 + VAT
- Paralegals/TraineesHourly rate of £120 + VAT
- Support ParalegalsHourly rate of £100 + VAT